If you’re creating a website or blog today, there is a good chance you’ll be using WordPress to power your website. WordPress is free to use, extremely powerful, user friendly (for the most part), and easy to install on just about any web hosting account.
One of the biggest decisions you’ll make if you’re using WordPress is which theme to use on your site. There are literally thousands of different themes to choose from. There are some that are available for free, and others that must be purchased.
My personal preference is to avoid free themes for a few key reasons:
- Free themes are often poorly coded, which can cause problems with your site.
- The support you will get for a free theme will be very limited. One of the most convincing reasons to pay for a theme is the customer service that you’ll be able to get when you have a question or a problem.
- Free themes may not be updated to remain compatible with future versions of WordPress.
Review of Elegant Themes
If you’re turning your focus to premium themes, there are still a lot of choices and many different websites that sell WordPress themes. One of the leading WordPress theme developers is Elegant Themes. They’ve been around for years and have earned a reputation for quality themes and affordable prices.
Key Details of Elegant Themes
When you’re first looking at Elegant Themes there are a few key things to notice:
- Membership Model. You can’t purchase an individual theme from Elegant Themes. The only way to get access to their themes and plugins is by purchasing a membership. The good news is the membership is very reasonably priced (more details on that later). A membership gives you access to all of their themes and plugins, and you can use them on unlimited websites.
- 87 Themes to Choose From. As a member you’ll have access to all of their 87 themes. While this is true, I should point out that most users are using either the Divi or Extra theme. Elegant Themes stopped cranking out a lot of new themes a few years ago and now focuses on making these two themes as flexible and powerful as possible.
- Plugins. As a member you’ll be able to use the Divi Builder plugin (a drag and drop page builder), Bloom (for building an email list), and Monarch (for social media sharing buttons) and others.
- 500,000+ Customers. Elegant Themes has served more than half a million customers over the years!
Elegant Themes Pricing
There are two different plans, and you can choose the one that works best for you:
$89 per year, which gives you the right to use any of the themes and plugins on unlimited websites, as well as updates and support for one year. If you decide it’s not for you, you can cancel.
$249 for lifetime access. The lifetime account gives you all the same access and rights, but for a one-time payment. With this plan you’ll never need to pay again to use Elegant Themes, and you’ll have lifetime access to updates and support.
Elegant Themes also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So if you’d like, you can sign up for the lifetime plan right away and then take 30 days to evaluate it (I think you’ll decide to keep it).
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.